The details you provide when adding a product affects the way it is displayed to your customers and also makes it easier for you to organize your store products.
For products that do not have a variant, the Pricing and Inventory sections are shown on the product detail page. If you add variants to the products, then those sections will no longer be shown on the product details page, you can modify the details of product variants from the Inventory page under the Products menu.
Title and description
- Title - This is the name of the product you want your customers to see
- Description - The description of your product, you can easily format the text here with the rich text editor. Use the description to persuade your potential customers.
The images you add in this section, show your customers what your product looks like.
- Price - The price that you are charging for your product, you can set the currency from your store's General settings page.
- Discount price - A discounted price of the product, when you enter a discount price, the product discount price, the product may be shown with a Sale tag depending on the theme.
- SKU (stock keeping unit) - This code is used to identify the product within your store. For effective tracking and sales reporting, each SKU needs to be unique. The SKU field can be left blank when creating a product.
- Quantity Available - This is the number of units available in stock for the product.
- Continue Selling When Out Of Stock - When this is selected, your product will not go out of stock.
- Weight - This is the product's actual weight. The Product weight needs to be exact because it is used to calculate shipping rates.
For a product that has variants, you can easily set the options for the product like color and size, for more information about variants, see Variants
Search engine listing preview
A preview of how your product will appear in search engine results. Click Edit website SEO to make changes to the preview. The preview consists of the product title, its URL on your online store, and part of the description.
This is the category that a product is included in. You can use this field to add the product directly to a category.