A shipping zone is a group of countries or regions that have the same shipping rates. Customers can order products from your store only if the country or region where they want the order shipped to is included in one of your shipping zones.
In this example, we will be setting up shipping for multiple states in Nigeria.
1. From your dashboard, click on settings on the menu, next click on shipping settings
2. Next to the general shipping profile, click on manage rates.
3. On the shipping profile page, you will see two shipping zones: local shipping and rest of the world. We are going to be setting up Local shipping for the purpose of the example above, you can also set up international shipping using this guide.
4. Next you will have to delete the local shipping zone because it covers the whole country and we want to be able to set prices per state. To do that click on delete shipping zone under local shipping
5. Once the local shipping zone has been deleted, click on create shipping zone
6. We will be setting up a new zone called Lagos shipping zone. Enter Lagos shipping as the zone name.
7. From the list of countries, scroll down and click on Nigeria, a list of all the states in Nigeria will be displayed, next select Lagos from the list. Ensure that only Lagos is selected and click on save
8. Congrats! You have added a shipping zone, next to set multiple rates for multiple locations within a state, click on add rate under the newly created zone (Lagos shipping zone).
9. Enter Lekki as the rate name, and enter a price for this rate. You can add multiple locations such as badagry using this method. If you want a single rate for every location in the state, just enter a single rate and name it Lagos.
10. To add more states, use the method above. Note that you can group multiple states under one zone and give it a single rate.